COVID-19: Top 5 Ways IT Professionals Can Help
Working remotely is on the rise like never before as organisations are pressured to sustain operations amid the repercussions of the COVID-19 pandemic. In the face of these challenges, a consistent workforce is a business continuity measure, however to be successful many organisations needs assistance.
The IT industry is in a great position to be able to offer tangible support so businesses can continue to run efficiently via technologies and other remote working productivity platforms. Here are the Top 5 ways IT professionals can help during covid19 … ie. us!
1 – They Can Help You Harness Technology
Technologies not only support but enhance remote work, and in terms of IT assistance during COVID-19, we offer a wide range of software applications that will help your remote teams thrive. These include:
Microsoft Office is the go-to word processing software for most employers. And apart from its basic applications like Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook, it has a range of other great features including:
- Microsoft Project – which can assist project manager develop schedules, assign resources, track progress, manage budgets and analyse workloads.
- Microsoft OneNote – this program is used for free-form information gathering and multi-user collaboration via drawings, notes and screen clippings etc.
- Microsoft Visio – a diagramming and vector graphics application that’s ideal for any organisations that use diagrams, flowcharts and layouts.
Microsoft Office 365
This software suite is a subscription only, cloud-based ‘software as a service’. An extension of Microsoft Office, it also features:
- OneDrive for Business – which lets you store, protect and share files and access them from anywhere on all your devices.
- Teams – a video chat and conferencing application where you can chat from anywhere, and access, share, and edit Word docs, Excel files and PowerPoint slides in ‘real’ time.
- Customer Relationship Manager – which gives you a complete view of your interactions with your customers, and track tasks and deals in progress.
This is a suite of software, cloud computing, productivity and collaboration tools developed by Google Cloud. Apart from the much-used Gmail, Calendar, Photos and Docs, it also features:
- Forms – which is a great way to run surveys, gather information and log jobs.
- Slides – this program allows you to create new presentations or edit any that were created on the web or on another device.
- App Maker – lets you build a wide range of apps for your business and customize processes to help you be more efficient.
Document Management Systems
We can also help you install a range of efficient document management systems including:
- Docushare – which allows you to manage content and develop customized and packaged software applications.
- Omnipage – this optical character recognition software helps you to import files from different source programs into one useful document.
- Evernote – this application can be used to efficiently receive, track, manage and store documents.
#2 – They Offer Industry-Specific Solutions
If you work in a specific industry, then your organisation no doubt has certain requirements in terms of bespoke software you need to access in order to work remotely. Sectors we service include:
- Building and Construction
- Architecture and Design
- Medical Specialist
- Legal Services
- Project Management
- Real Estate
- CCTV Security
#3 –They Can Assist With Cloud-based Services
Even before COVID-19, many organisations were already dealing with the downsides of a continual increase in web traffic across the world. As the pandemic spreads and employees work from home, it is envisaged that cloud usage will increase in popularity. But what are the benefits?
Having a multi-cloud infrastructure can ensure businesses are even more nimble to adjust to demands. Cloud-based services are also flexible meaning they can quickly scale up or down, and organisations can access new and innovative ways to manage their traffic and resources. Some of the services we offer include:
- Cloud and Hybrid Cloud Applications
- Amazon Web Services – which provides on-demand cloud computing platforms and an application programming interface on a metered pay-as-you-go basis.
- Microsoft Azure – this service allows for the building, testing, deploying and managing of applications and services through Microsoft-managed data centres.
#4 – They Can Elevate Your Security
Over the past few months, the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) has observed an increase in COVID-19 related malicious activity. So it’s important that you remain vigilant about protecting your data, systems and personal information. Read how you can personally strengthen your cyber security here. We can also offer IT assistance during COVID-19 with our range of security and technical services including:
- Cloud backups
- Storage technologies
- Power protection
- Monitoring and maintenance
- Network security
- Threat management
- Breach response
- Backup application
- Internet firewalls
- Disaster Recovery
- Multi factor authentication
- VPN software
#5 – They Can Provide Expert Advice
Here at Deployus, our team have been providing a range of IT software, infrastructure, service, continuity and cloud-based solutions to more than 300 businesses across Australia and internationally since 1998. And along with our services, our highly experienced and certified IT engineers and specialists provide valuable advice with our quality output and client satisfaction the ultimate measures of our performance.
So if you’re finding the challenges of COVID-19 a little overwhelming – particularly if you’re working remotely – we can help. Let’s get through this together!
Need to get your technologies, cloud services and security up to speed during these challenging times? Contact the team at Deployus today!